I tend to put a little of this, and a little of that in this blog. I know it has no main "theme," but rather just my random thoughts and stories as I think of them.
I thought I would post a recipe this time, and see how it goes. I'd like to post some restaurant reviews in the future, as well. Just because I love food, and love writing and talking about it. I know those of you who actually read this thing (hello?) probably don't live near me, but I'll post about places that many of you might travel to. I'm sure you won't travel to Podunk, CT to sample our fine cuisine here. ;)
Anyway, on to the recipe...
I made a spinach/artichoke dip for a work function yesterday, and it seemed to go over well, which made me happy. I usually stick to making cookies or brownies, but wanted to do something different. It's the easiest recipe in the world, and for those who like that sort of dip, enjoy:
Spinach Artichoke Dip
1/4 cup butter
1 (10 oz) package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed
2 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (16 oz) container sour cream
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sir in spinach and artichokes. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Mix cream cheese and sour cream into spinach mixture. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
Simple, right?
You can serve this dip either warm or cold. I usually serve it warm in a bread bowl. The extra pieces of bread make it great for dipping. I also usually supply Tostitos or a chip like that to go with it.
So, there you go. Easy, yummy, and good for any party or get-together. I'll admit that I use low fat sour cream and cream cheese (the weight watcher person is me has to), but I don't recommend the fat free versions, as their taste will totally change the recipe.
Now I'm hungry.
Me too!
ReplyDelete