So I swore to myself that I'd never have a blog, since there are so many other creative writers in the world. But I realized since I gave up on my LiveJournal some years ago that I really have no outlet for all the things going on in my life. The crazy commuting stories (I take the train to work), the interesting people (flashback to Bugs Bunny "monsters are such interesssting people") I meet, the interesting people I don't want to meet but still do, and all the other randomness that always seems to pop up in my life.
I'll give it a whirl. I am not the best writer (Two English degrees?-you betcha!) or the wittiest, and profanities abound (you all know I'm an effing New Yorker at heart) but I would like to share some stories with you. Facebook doesn't really have a good area to just write whatever you want, (unless you count the mysterious "Notes" section) so this seemed like a good option.
I promise not to use this to complain about work all the time, or vent about the general unfairness of life. You will, however, get some travel stories, general observations, and stuff and nonsense. I'll talk about family, the husband, friends...but nothing private or insensitive to others. Maybe I'll mention books, movies, and other goodies.
I also won't shove this down your throat. You don't wanna read? Then don't! You won't hurt my feelings. I realize I can't compete with BlogLand out there, and I'm not really trying to. I don't expect a book/movie/comic book deal out of this blog either. I have no lofty aspirations.
So...yeah. That's about it for my first post. I'm already out of ideas. =P
Congrats...I am very excited to read your blog. I hate that we lost touch over the years and am happy to find a way to be a part of your life again.
ReplyDeleteGlad to have you writing somewhere! I look forward to reading your stuff :-)
ReplyDelete